Characteristics of Each Mineral I
The following describes the characteristics of each mineral:
* Sulfur. It is part of the structure of skin, nails, hair and cartilage, is responsible for neutralizing toxic substances and helps the liver in bile secretion.
* Calcium. Is an essential component of bones and teeth, 99% is in them and the remaining 1% is stored in the muscles, so it is vital for development and good health of these structures. It also participates in blood clotting and nerve impulse transmission.
* Chloride. Promotes fluid balance in the body, helps the liver detoxify and is vital for the formation of acid in the stomach
* Cobalt. Involved in the production of red blood cells.
* Copper. Hemoglobin becomes stored iron in the body and can take advantage of which is contained in food.
* Chrome. It helps in the normal assimilation of sugar for the insulin-hormone produced by the pancreas works properly, while regulating cholesterol levels and is involved in protein transport.
* Phosphorus. This is a point with calcium participates in the formation of bones and teeth, in addition, it is essential to transform food into energy consumed.
* Fluoride. Prevents tooth decay and strengthens bones.
* Iron. Necessary for the production of hemoglobin (a substance contained within red blood cells and carries oxygen to the blood) and myoglobin (oxygen to muscles). It is essential for the proper use of B vitamins.
* Lithium. It is essential for nervous system regulation.
* Magnesium. Allows for proper absorption of calcium and vitamin C, the proper functioning of the nervous system and increases the secretion of bile (thereby facilitating the digestion of fat and toxic waste disposal) also helps reduce heart problems and is involved in the process of contraction and muscle relaxation.
* Manganese. Is responsible for activating the enzymes involved in the formation of fats and helps in the utilization of vitamins C, B1, and B8.
* Molybdenum. Helps prevent anemia and dental caries.