Prevention of Allergies
Can I prevent allergies. What recommendations could give us a better way to address them?
The doctor after examining the patient, perform a physical examination and knowing your medical history and family history, you can perform a series of tests such as skin test.
The skin test and allergic skin test involves applying a series of known substances that often cause allergies. Are injected through a lance to a few millimeters below the skin.
Each substance is inoculated separately in order to see which of them is what causes the allergic reaction. After spending 15-20 minutes there is skin to see what red zone.
When it comes to other substances such as certain foods or medications, should be subject the patient to an induction to the reaction under medical supervision.
For prevention we first have to identify the factors that cause allergies and try to avoid them. If this does nothing, either because insufficient or because you can not avoid or reduce the contact, the physician may administer a drug treatment with antihistamines and / or corticosteroids. Another option is allergy vaccine. ”
Since pollen is one of the factors that most strongly during the spring allergy tested, the doctor noted some recommendations that can help us to avoid contact.
- Keep windows closed at night and / or using air conditioning filters.
- Reduce outdoor activities during the 5-10 am and 7-10 pm, periods of time when the pollen count is higher in the atmosphere.
- Keep windows closed when traveling by car. Install filters on the air conditioning system of the car and change them often.
- In the days when the pollen concentration is higher, stay as long as possible at home. Avoid going out on windy days when pollination is high.
- Choose a pollen-free zone for the holidays
- Do not dry clothes outside on those days.
- Wear sunglasses to go outside.
- Avoid sleeping on the lawn.
- Avoid eating foods or taking drugs that cause allergies.