periwinkle is a plant that originated in Europe. This herb has medicinal properties, specifically properties to improve blood circulation. Thanks to its active ingredients, the infusion of periwinkle can complement a diet to prevent atherosclerosis.
Active components of the periwinkle plant
* Indole alkaloids: vincamine, epi-vincamine, Vincin, eburnamonina, vincadiformina, vincadina, minovincina
* Ursolic acid
Caffeic acid *
* P-hydroxybenzoic acid.
* Glycosides phenolics.
Periwinkle properties to improve blood circulation
* Reduces blood pressure.
* Produce an antioxidant, eliminating free radicals from the body. This effect is due to its content of flavonoids and tannins.
* Reduces the oxidation of LDL cholesterol, which prevents its accumulation on the artery walls.
* It has a vasodilatory action.
* Serves as platelet aggregation.
These properties are not only important to improve blood circulation, but also because it can prevent the occurrence of cardiovascular disease that may be involved in a negative way about your quality of life.