the recommendations for a healthy heart and prevent cardiovascular disease indicate the need to increase consumption of vegetables and fruits. But … what is the reason for these recommendations? In this note I will detail the reasons which help to strengthen the cardiovascular system and improve the quality of life.
According to the recommendations of international organizations is necessary to increase the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables to prevent heart disease and keep your heart healthy.
Due to the increasingly frequent emergence of processed foods and junk food, has neglected the consumption of fresh food such as vegetables and fruits.
Given this situation and given that food “junk” may cause increased cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure and thus cardiovascular disease, the emphasis is to recommend increased consumption of vegetables and fruits.
Reasons for increased consumption of vegetables and fruits
* They provide a lot of fiber, which reduces fat absorption in the intestine, causing not only a reduction of blood cholesterol, but also helps you lose weight.
* Increase the purification of the body, removing waste and toxins that the body does not need.
* Improve the performance of cellular activity, increasing the burning of fat for energy, which creates a fatty acid mobilization from adipose tissue to the cell.
* Provide antioxidant benefits that reduce the formation of free radicals, reducing cellular aging and especially arterial tissue.
* Thin the blood, not only reducing plasma cholesterol, but triglycerides.
* Provide full.
* They provide few calories in high volume.
* In general do not have large concentrations of saturated fatty acids.
* Do not bring cholesterol.
* They help regulate blood pressure.
* Improve the blood glucose levels, because the fiber slows the absorption of glucose.
These benefits provide fruits and vegetables for a healthy heart and prevent cardiovascular disease, are only valid when incorporated into a diet to treat dyslipidemia. They are also tasty and can be consumed in different ways: whole shell, grated, mashed, in a variety of desserts, smoothies, juices, etc..
He has been investigating the possible effects of daily consumption of 6 to 8 strawberries. These studies suggest that moderate consumption of strawberries may involve a significant increase in plasma folate levels, thereby protecting the health of the heart. Since folate deficiency increases the risk of stroke, myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular diseases.
Harnessing the consumption of strawberries during the months that the season is revealed interesting as dietary intake of folate. One serving of 250 grams of strawberries provides about 50% of the recommended daily amount. Are excellent sources of vitamin consumption, in general, fresh or minimally processed, unlike other vegetables lose vitamins during cooking or in the previous preparations.