Guest article written by Katrina Robinson
Colon cleansing has been a huge trend in the natural healing industry as of late. The colon is the root of your body’s health, as it is the “plumbing” of the body, from where the waste is expelled. Due to the toxins in our food, air, water, and other environmental hazards, our body accumulates more waste than it is able to fully expel. By colon cleansing, the wealth of accumulated wastes and toxins are eliminated, allowing the body’s organs to perform more efficiently. This leads to better health and overall well-being.
But how can you make sure that your colon cleansing is as effective as possible? Try adding these five supplements to help aid your colon cleaning regimen:
1. Psyllium. Psyllium husk swells with water, forming a jelly-like substance that is able to absorb a large volume of the mucus that is most likely stuck in your colon.
2. Acai Berry. This fruit helps to improve digestion while also fighting free radicals with its antioxidant properties.
3. Peppermint Leaf. This herb has a soothing impact on the digestive tract and can help to combat nausea and other stomach discomfort.
4. Ginger Root. A study at the University of Minnesota shows that ginger root can help to reduce the growth of colorectal cancer cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Dandelion Root. We don’t often think of liver detoxification along with colon cleansing, but it’s something to think about. This root is fantastic for liver detoxification and maintaining liver health.
These are just five supplements that are great to have nearby when you’re taking on colon cleansing. After all, if you’re going to devote yourself to a total colon cleaning process, don’t you want to make sure it’s as thorough as possible?
Katrina Robinson is a guest writer who writes for Oxy-Powder.