Fructose Ketohexose, is Cyclized by reaction between carbon 1 and 4, this form is derived from furan, furan is the form (Figure 3). Glucose but also the D-glucofuranose is not stable and is rapidly becoming D-glucopyranose. The dare is cyclizing furan form (furanose) are:
- The ribose giving ribofuranose.
- The 2-deoxyribose 2-giving desoxyribofuranose.
- Fructose giving fructofuranose.
- Generally, it is Ketohexose.
The dare is cyclizing pyran form (Pyranose) are:
- Glucose giving glucopyranose.
- Galactose giving galactopyranose.
- Generally, it is Aldohexose.