Wine and Health
According to experts, a healthy balanced diet should include foods rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins, mostly in the form of vegetables, fruits and vegetables. In this sense, the Mediterranean diet is one of the best known and recommended, and the wine is an essential component. Among his countless benefits of wine should be noted that:
- Moderate consumption of wine is not only beneficial in preventing coronary disease type, but type cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s or depression, according to the American Heart Association
- Moderate wine consumption reduced by 20% the risk of cancer, myocardial infarction or cerebral vascular complications accidents.
- Drink a couple glasses of wine a day and not smoking reduces the risk of peripheral arterial disease. The American Journal of Epidemiology
- Moderate consumption of wine could reduce up to 20% the risk of macular degeneration. The Journal of the American Geriatrics
- A couple of glasses of wine a day reduces the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Blac wine reduces levels of blood pressure.
One of the most marked up by the experts is that these drinks should be consumed in moderation and regular. In this sense, the best thing would be a couple of glasses a day, preferably at mealtimes, because this way the alcohol is absorbed more slowly and polyphenols protect the body from oxidation of fats. We must not forget that wine is a good antioxidant to contain polyphenols and resveratrol. The high concentration of these substances helps reduce LDL cholesterol levels, improving circulation and reducing the risk of atherosclerosis.